Gone were the days when unlocking an Android phone was just possible through entering a password or pattern. It’s time to enjoy advanced and highly developed mobile technology where biometric and face recognition features are in place to unlock Android phone.
The latest Android phones come with the added ability to unlock it through Android wear – Fitbit. Want to know how? Read on.
Use Fitbit To Unlock Android Phone
- Start with setting a Password or pattern on an Android phone.
- Enable the function of ‘Smart Lock’.
- For that, go to ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Personal Security’ under ‘Security’ settings.
- In advanced settings, select the option of ‘Trust Agents’.
- Turn on the ‘Smart lock’ option there.
- It requires to enter the password or pattern set in above.
- Enter the required password or pattern and save the settings.
- Set the ‘Smart Lock’ such that Fitbit is recognized as a Bluetooth device.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is on for this purpose.
- Under the ‘Smart Lock’ menu, select the option of ‘Trusted devices’.
- Then, ‘Add Trusted Device’.
- Choose ‘Bluetooth’.
- Add the Fitbit device as Bluetooth.
- Save the settings.
- Voila! Now Android phone can be unlocked through Fitbit.
Unlocking an Android phone through Fitbit or any other Bluetooth device is exposed to the risk of security compromise through unauthorized access. It’s therefore highly recommended to not pair any other Bluetooth device with Android phone otherwise the consequences might be creepy. Rest, it’s a great feature that provides the convenience of unlocking the phone through Fitbit.
Shawn is a staff writer for ‘Geeked.io’, covering all on the emerging technology. He also serves as Sr. App developer at Fast Enterprises based out CO, U.S.A. He can’t live without his phone & insanely love his pets, Kato!